Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: What have you learned?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member past7's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2000
    Posts
    473
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    A friend sent this to me recently.. A little trite perhaps, but I quite like it. Many undeniable truths. Happy Holidays! basanta

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    That you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

    I've learned- That it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to
    be.

    I've learned- That you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It
    may be the
    last time you see them.

    I've learned- That you can keep going long after you can't.

    I've learned- That we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

    I've learned- That either you control your attitude or it controls you.

    I've learned- That regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at
    first, the
    passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.

    I've learned- That heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it
    needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

    I've learned- That money is a lousy way of keeping score.

    I've learned- That my best friend and I can do anything, or nothing and have
    the best
    time.

    I've learned- That sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're
    down, will be the ones to help you get back up.

    I've learned- That sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but
    that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

    I've learned- That true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest
    distance. Same goes for true love.

    I've learned- That just because someone doesn't love you the way you want
    them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

    I've learned- That maturity has more to do with what types of experiences
    you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many
    birthdays you've
    celebrated.

    I've learned- That no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you
    every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

    I've learned- That it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes
    you have to learn to forgive yourself.

    I've learned- That no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't
    stop for your grief.

    I've learned-That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we
    are, but we are responsible for who we become.

    I've learned- That just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't
    love each
    other. And just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.

    I've learned- That we don't have to change friends if we understand that
    friends change.

    I've learned- That you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could
    change your
    life forever.

    I've learned- That two people can look at the exact same thing and see
    something totally different.

    I've learned- That your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people
    who don't even know you.

    I've learned- That even when you think you have no more to give, when a
    friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.

    I've learned- That credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human
    being.

    I've learned- That the people you care about most in life are taken from you
    too soon.



  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Më£ïñÐa's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2000
    Posts
    4,971
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    anna! that pic over at that thread, is absolutely perfect! and ummm! the name of the Lady has totaly slipped from me head,
    i'm sorry!
    your post up there is great as well
    Thank You smile
    I dont know where else to put this, so i'll post it here smile


    "Women might be able to fake orgasms.
    But men can fake whole relationships."
    -- Sharon Stone


    "There are only two reasons to sit in the back row of an airplane:
    Either you have diarrhea, or you're anxious to meet people who do."

    -- Henry Kissenger (former US Secretary of State)


    "My girlfriend always laughs during sex -- no matter what she's reading."
    -- Steve Jobs (Founder: Apple Computers)


    "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is."

    -- Barbara Bush (Former US First Lady)


    "My cousin just died. He was only 19. He got stung by a bee-- the natural enemy of a tightrope walker."
    -- Dan Rather (News anchorman)


    "I saw a woman wearing a sweatshirt with 'Guess' on it. I said,
    "Thyroid problem?'"
    -- Arnold Schwarzenegger


    "Honesty is the key to a relationship. If you can fake that,you're in."
    -- Courtney Cox (Monica on "Friends")


    "Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black
    men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."
    --Tiger Woods


    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves." -- Jerry Garcia

    (Grateful Dead)


    "I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a Great White or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot."
    -- Axel Rose (Guns'n'Roses)


    "Luge strategy? Lie flat and try not to die." --Carmen Boyle

    (Olympic Luge Gold Medal winner 1996)


    "Capital punishment turns the state into a murderer. But imprisonment turns the state into a gay dungeon-master."

    -- Rev. Jesse Jackson


    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." --

    Jack Nicholson


    (On going to war over religion) -- "You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."
    --Yasir Arafat


    [This message has been edited by M?????a (edited December 24, 2000).]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Rant In EEE~Minor's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2000
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ......a saying we have here in Newcastle..


    There is ALWAYS time for one more.......beer


    Happy Holidays..

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Hey Rant..I live in Newcastle too..and we have a saying just like that too..co-incidence or what..*LMAO* biggrin

    ------------------
    Sounds of laughter..
    Shades of love...

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Rant In EEE~Minor's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2000
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cheers to all the Newcastle's around the world........*clink

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Më£ïñÐa's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2000
    Posts
    4,971
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    ummm! The Lady Belle ? you dont live in Australia??? or was it just for the co-incidence part??? smile

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mel..I do live in Australia...Born~n~bred in Newcastle...New South Wales... biggrin

    Rant..what Newcastle do you come from??

    ------------------
    Sounds of laughter..
    Shades of love...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •